9.26.2015

Life in the Bento: Week Four || 21-25 Sept 2015

Hellooooo cupcakes! 
Hope you all had an amazing amazing week! Our week consisted on a nasty sickness going around the entire house (my parents, my sister, both minion, & myself). Everyone was over it within 2-3 days; a week later & I'm still battling it. supersadface.

Anyhow! We are in week four of Life in the Bento. You can revisit all our past weeks here:
Week 1: 3-4 Sept
Week 2: 8-11 Sept
Week 3: 14-18 Sept

Now lets hop into this weeks Bento meals!

Monday & Tuesday 21/22 Sept. 2015
So this was J's lunch for 2 days only because he stayed home from school Monday (& ultimately Tuesday). He requested a grape & mint jelly sandwich on a thick, amoroso roll; some gingerale soaked apples, carrots, & fudge brownie little bites. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but I started feeling quite horrible Sunday night when I was prepping their lunches.

H's lunch (which he ended up taking to school on Tuesday since he was sick on Monday) we a peanut butter & jelly on an amoroso roll, some gingerale soaked apples, green beans, & chocolate chip muffin little bites. Again, not entirely healthy, but when momma can barely stay standing, you do what you gotta do.

Wednesday, 23 Sept 2015
Starting this week, J is only in Pre-K Mondays, Tuesdays, & Fridays so the rest is just H's meals for the week. If you'd like to see what I make J for lunch on those "off days", let me know!

For H's meal today he chose his make your own pizza (sans the pizza sauce) with turkey pepperoni & shredded, mild cheddar cheese, apples, a drinkable Danimal's yogurt, & some pringles.

Thursday, 24 Sept 2015
Finally got H to step out of the sandwich box & try something new. Hooray! So for lunch today he had ham & cheese roll ups, some apples with peanut butter, animal crackers, & a drinkable Danimal's yogurt. (**side note: he actually enjoyed the roll ups! So you may be seeing more of those)

Friday, 25 Sept 2015
Hooray! It's friyay! The minions ended up having similar lunches today due to the simple fact that I still wasn't any better & was having a hard time creating anything cute for them to eat. Eat minion had 2 sandwiches (H had pb&j & J had cheese), some peas, animal crackers, & Danimal's drinkable yogurt. Quick, simple, & a total carb over load which I feel horrible about but, again, when momma is sick not much gets done. 

Every day the kids drink water with their lunches & have a healthy snack upon arriving home from school. That is something that never changes. (:

In terms of their "Bentos": The blue Bento is a Paw Patrol 3 compartment, plastic lunch "kit" from the Target Dollar spot - & I totally should've picked up more than the 2 I did when I found them because the dog got ahold of 1 & now I can't find them.  The white rectangle-ish one is actually a Chinese take-out box reused & repurposed. It's definitely not as cute but it works! I am eventually upgrading to a PlanetBox or a YumBox. Maybe I can convince Santa to gift them to the kids for Christmas. Hahah

What do you guys pack for your kids during the week? Do you do anything cutesy? I am so excited to start doing fall/halloween themed boxes starting Oct 1! If you would like your kiddos Bentos to be featured in a blog post, tag me on Instagram @LoveofFilo &/or use the hashtag #NavyLifeinBento & you may see your works of art added to the blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment