9.15.2015

Lushie Recipe | Panic & DeStress Release

 

Welcome to another installment of Lushie Recipe. This recipe is based off of my need last night to calm my nerves. I suffer from panic disorders & had an extreme attack yesterday due to my oldest littles school placing him on the school but without my permission when I told them he was a car rider. But that is neither here nor there! Anyhow, I needed a nice relaxing bath & jumped out of my usual citrusy-candy smells for a calming lavender & chamomile.

"Ickle Baby Bot" from LushUSA.com
 The first up on the calming bath release is the Ickle Baby Bot. IBB is an adorable robot shaped bath bomb that is scented with lavender, sandalwood, & chamomile. These bombs were actually designed with kids in mind (& it is usually what I drop in my kids baths at night when they get too over stimulated) but it added the perfect amount of essential oils needed to start soothing my worries.
See IBB in action!
Blue Skies & White Fluffy Clouds from LushUSA.com
To add onto the IBB, I added half of this ginormous bubble bar called Blue Skies & White Fluffy Clouds. The bubble bar is scented with Patchouli & Frankincense Oil for a calming, grounding scent. Purchasing this bubble bar was actually a big leap for me because I didn't like the way it smelled in the store & was super hesitant about even using it in the bath last night. However, once it was frothing up in the tub, the herbal scent wasn't as strong & it was actually quite pleasant. 
Blue Skies in action!
Dream Time Bath Melt from LushUSA.com
My final ingredient in this Lush Cocktail is the remaining half of my Dream Time Bath Melt. Loaded with lavender, chamomile, & sandalwood essential oils, this small chunk of moisturizing butters & oils helped lull me off into a calming sleep for the first time in ages (& by calming, I wasn't up every 2 hours, instead I got up 3 times between midnight & 7am - which is a miracle!). This bath melt, along with the skin softening properties of the bubble bar & bath bomb, made my entire body silky smooth & so relaxed just from the properties of the essential oils.

Mixing these 3 products turned my water into a gorgeous sea blue & left my bathroom smelling like I was in a high class spa. I am really glad I decided to jump out of my comfort zone & purchased these items, despite not generally liking these type of scents.

What do you do to destress? What is your favorite lush cocktail? Are you looking for a perfect recipe & not sure where to start? Let me know what you are looking to achieve with your bath & I will create the perfect recipe for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment