8.05.2015

Drinking myself Skinny

Hello cupcakes!

Here is, yet again, my feeble attempt at #girlgetsfit. It is quite difficult for me to stick to a routine because I often get quite depressed when I don't see/feel immediate results (&, yes, I know results don't happen over night) & when I get that way, I just stop everything. It really is quite horrible because, honestly, I like working out - the rush & feeling of a good run use to fuel my bones. But not lately. (& it doesn't help that most days I'm in extreme pain from the fibromyalgia that I am not on medication for - the doctor wants to try PT since my original medicine regimen made me sick).

However! That post is neither here nor there. This post is about an amazing TEA that I was introduced to through Swagbucks called BotanicaScience SkinnyTox Detox Tea. Long name, right?! But it's totally worth the tongue twister.

Day One of starting SkinnyTox
Now, I have always been a big tea drinker - especially when it comes to loose leaf tea. I was first introduced to loose leaf tea in 2010 from Teavana - but that's not the point of this post; hahah. Anyway, Swagbucks was offering a pints promotion of 2,000 points for trying out this tea so I jumped on the bandwagon.

BontanicaScience prides themselves on being 100% organic & all natural. Their teas include things like rosehips, orange peels, stevia leaf, currents, & elderberries - just to name a few. You are meant to drink one cup in the morning & one at night &, honestly, after the first 2 days it becomes like clockwork for me to drink my tea on a regular basis. The tea does not stake claims in making/helping you lose weight but it does state to help curb appetites - which is pretty much the same thing, right? Not hungry means no munching on random nonsense. Since starting the detox tea, I have also lost my taste & desire for soda which is something I have been struggling with for a long while.

When I first started my tea-toxing journey, I was severely bloated, always run down & exhausted with no motivation or energy to do much of anything.

SkinnyTox Day Seven

I'm not sure if you can see the difference in a weeks time, but by a week in, I was definitely feeling loads better; I had more energy, I didn't feel so "heavy" (not in reference to weight, but overall body feeling - does that make sense?), & I was sleeping better at night with the night time tea. My cravings for sodas & sweets in general was pretty much nil by this point. With my morning tea, I would use my Frog Ocean Honey (from a local farmer here in NJ) Cranberry Blossom honey (apporximately 2-3 tsp) & at night I would drink it straight as it was. You can even drink the tea with out any extra type of sweetner at all! I just wanted to try & boost my immune system, so localized honey was my option. My darling loose leaf tea (even though it comes in a satchel), would steep in my tea cup for about 2-3 minutes (& if I walked away & forgot, sometimes longer - haha) in my beautiful TARDIS Tea Infuser my love bought me because, well, Whovian. ♥


I have successfully completed the 14 day tea-tox & am in the process of ordering the 28 day tea-tox. (: I highly recommend purchasing this brand of detox-fying tea if you're in the market for something new to add to your regimen. I am so happy I found this & even recommended it to my husband.


Can you see the difference? I kinda can. My husband can when I sent him pictures. I am not so much worried about the "losing weight" aspect when it comes to this tea because that's not what it's for. I bought it to help cleanse my body of all the nasty toxins I have been putting in it lately & I feel amazing, refreshed, & energized since starting this. & that's really all that matters. 

My next step in the #girlgetsfit journey is my 21 Day Fix which is all ready on order & you can purchase your own here (no, I am not a beachbody coach). I will definitely keep you guys updated on my progress with that as well.

Are you guys doing anything to get healthy? Have you tried as special detoxing products? Any recommendations you'd like to offer?







No comments:

Post a Comment