10.10.2015

Life in the Bento: Week Six | 5-8 Oct 2015

Hello cupcakes!
I am so sorry for the emptiness that has been this blog lately. I have had some personal issues arise that have prevented me from doing much of anything, but I'm back!
In case you have missed the first five weeks, you can click here for a recap (:

This week was a short one due to an in service day at the local school. Since this was the first full official week on Halloween - I mean, October! - I kept the minions lunches centered around all things spooky.

Monday, 5 October 2015
So this was a quick put together in a pumpkin theme for the kiddos. I took a slice of orange, mild cheddar & a slice of white american & used a pumpkin cookie cutter to cut the shape (using a knife to cut the details on the cheddar cheese). I placed them both on a slice of whole wheat bread with a half leaf of romaine lettuce as the 'ground'. Then took some mixed veggies & threw them in a yellowish-orange cup, drew a cute smiley face on the cup of peaches, & then took this adorable Lunchables halloween themed snack packs & tossed that in. 
See, simple?

Tuesday, 6 October 2015
This meal was suuuuuper fun to create! I took 2 pieces of whole wheat bread, sliced off the crust & squished it down flat. I then spread a thin layer of peanut butter & rolled 'em up! I gently carved one side of the bread into a point to make it look like a finger. I took half of a cashew (you could use almonds but we didn't have any) & squished it onto the pointy part. I lightly then made "knuckle" indentations using a knife (be careful not to press too hard or you'll push right through!). 

Since we were all out of strawberry jam/jelly, I took apricot jam with a few drops of red food coloring, mixed it up & then poured it into a little cup a "witches blood dip". The boys thought it was a hoot! Sliced a banana in half & drew a cute little ghostie face on it. I wanted to add more ghosties to their box, so I took mozzarella string cheese, sliced it in hald & then cut slits at the bottom to make little ghostie wave-lings. Is that totally a word? To make it's cute little faces, I used black gel icing. 

Toss some BareNaked Vanilla Almond Granola into the other container & bam! Done.

Wednesday, 7 October 2015
 This was probably one of my favorites to make! Frankenstein

I took a garden veggie wrap, placed ham & cheese in the middle & folded the tortilla into a square! For his "brains", I took a thin slice of ham & cut just enough to give him a brain. (: His eyes were candy eyes! His mouth & stitches were drawn on with food safe marker.

I wanted to make bolts out of string cheese but I couldn't get it positioned right. So, instead, I halved & quartered the cheese to look like bolts..... but in a side dish. Added some green grapes & another Lunchables snack pack.

Thursday, 8 October 2015
Final lunch of the week before the long 4 day weekend! Kept it fairly simple with this one! Made H peanut butter sandwiches (at his request!) & cut them into a ghost & pumpkin shape with some halloween cookie cutters. I threw in some Veggie Garden Straws & an orange that I drew a face on (popped a small toothpick in the top to look like a stem). May not have been the most extravagant meal this week but still cute.


& that concludes this weeks super short, Life in the Bento. Okay, not super short because I'm fairly certain the very first week of only 2 days was super short. Hahah

Want to have your kiddos lunches featured on a blog post? Tag me on instagram @LoveofFilo & use the hashtag #NavyLifeinBento & you could be featured here!

No comments:

Post a Comment